Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Bright Butterfly

 Welcome to the first Tuesday in May.  Personally I hope Mother Nature will finally come through with some real spring weather. Here, it has been cold, dreary, rainy for most of the last month. We get a brief day of warm sunshine and then back to cold. 

It is time for sketch #705 from Tuesday Morning Sketches


A benefit of cleaning and straightening in the craft room is finding a forgotten bunch of butterfly design paper at the bottom of the heap. I used one of the reverse side for the background and cut out one of the butterflies for the focal point. I picked up the yellow accents in the butterfly to repeat in other areas of the card.  That gingham is really a bright yellow. I'm not sure why it is photographing as peach.The sentiment is an old SU! one. Three little gems complete the card.


Inside is another fussy cut butterfly decorating a computer made sentiment.









Hop on over to Tuesday Morning Sketches to check out all the design team cards. I hope you will give this sketch a try and share your creation with us.






9 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great find while cleaning your craft room. and your crd looks great. I love the mix of patterns and that pretty butterfly. Whenever I'm straightening or re-organizing, I find stuff I forgot I had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleaning? What’s that? Haha, I really need to do that too. I think the yellow gingham looks bright yellowy and your whole card is just so pretty - that butterfly looks so realistic and gorgeous + the added touch on the inside of your card is so nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, when will I remember—that above was me Patti R!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cutting up my paper for their designs! They make such great elements. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous and a great find when cleaning! Maybe I should clean. Well, maybe. Several warm days in a row. Who knew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I suddenly became anonymous. Brenda in IN

      Delete
  7. LOVELY! This is such a sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, I'm giggling here because I have that same, or very similar pp, Donna! I love your take on the sketch and all the elements of the design. That butterfly looks real! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete