Friday, May 26, 2023

Red, White, and Blue

A clean and simple card for The Card Concept with this Patriotic Picnic mood board.


Clean and simple is a rare style for me. I always look at it and decide it needs something more. I really restrained myself this time. I was inspired by the red checked tablecloth, the flag stars, and the wicker basket.


I used a few scraps and die cut circles. The kraft circle is embossed with a basket look E/F. The hello sentiment is from SU, stamped and trimmed.

I think this card has a bit of masculine feel so I am entering at Double Trouble Challenge. Thing One is Masculine. Thing 3 is Plaid or Check. Thing 2 is entering at Festive Friday Challenge with an inspo list. I chose blue, plaid, die cuts.


 

The layout is sketch from Freshly Made Sketches





11 comments:

  1. Hi Donna, I saw your card over at Freshly Made Sketches and had to come by and say how cute it is. I just love 4th of July anything. I too struggle with clean and simple cards. You've done a great job here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interpretation of the sketch and love the variety of patterns in your circles. CAS and excellent masculine card. Thank you for sharing this with us at Double Trouble and Festive Friday. By the way, our Krafty Crating challenge #138 is still open and since you have used Kraft on this card you can also enter into that challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAS can be tough - this is a great masculine card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card incorporating the different challenges, I love CAS and the patriotic colors! Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble and Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous Clean and Simple card! I am right there with you, CAS is a difficult style for me but you did a great job! So thrilled that you joined us at The Card Concept and we hope you can play along again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun summer hello! Love your CAS version of the sketch. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your patriotic card! And I love how you kept it CAS but still interesting with the fun patterns and textures. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you nailed it! Nice job on creating a CAS card. I am as inept at CAS as I am at vintage/shabby chic. It takes me twice as long to make a card that's half as complicated as those I usually make. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. CAS cards are really hard for me as well - in fact I very rarely make them because I just keep adding "one more thing" till it's not CAS anymore! Your card is the perfect combo of that sketch and inspiration board. Thanks for playing along at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna, you did really well creating a card outside of your comfort zone! The three circles are all different but work together beautifully! So glad you shared this fabulous card with us at Festive Friday this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card! Everything goes together beautifully. Thank you for playing along with the Festive Friday challenge and the Double Trouble challenge!

    ReplyDelete