Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Savannah Sunset

 Welcome to a new Tuesday Morning Sketches , This is one you may want  to come back to frequently. 


When searching for a patterned paper for this card, I found the last pice of this one from Enjoy the Journey by Stampin" Up! It reminds me of the pictures of sunset on the savannah in Africa.


I measured the DSP to 4x5 1/4 and trimmed off increasing sizes to fit. The sunset needs a large ball of sun. That is die cut in a yellow and sponged on the edges with orange.  The die cut tree is a retired SU! one.

I left off a sentiment, I can't decide what occasion for which to use this. What are your thoughts? What does it look like to you?

This is one of those  quick and easy card--less than 10 minutes once I decided what to use.

I look forward to see others interpretation of the sketch. Come on over to Tuesday Morning Sketches and share your creation.



5 comments:

  1. I think I would use this as a "thinking of you" card. It has a pensive quality, as though you were sitting somewhere and studying a beautiful sunset. I like this sketch, and I like your idea of just cutting successively wider strips while cutting a bit off the side of each one. I'll give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I think it would be great for sympathy or thinking of you or even a birthday. It looks peaceful and I can almost hear the sounds of evening when I look at it. Some peace in this noisy world works for any occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Donna, the soft pretty colours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna this is gorgeous! That lovely silhouette with the setting sun colors behind it are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I agree with Patti that this would be a great thinking of you or sympathy, but really it could be anything.

    ReplyDelete