Friday, January 12, 2024

Surgery

 I have a friend who just had a total knee replacement. This is the card I made for her


I usually use this sentiment and the duct tape for masculine cards but I wanted to see if I could do a feminine version. I think it worked very well with the pink patterned paper.  I did the sentiment on the computer and die cut it with a label die. The background paper was first embossed with a rough feeling E/F. It is hard to detect in the picture but you can feel the texture. Then I tore the paper into 3 strips. I anchored them with 3 strips of real duct tape. I attached the sentiment with a bandaid cut in half. The bear is an old one from my stash. I stamped, colored and secured it to the front. I cut a narrow strip of surgical gauze and tied it in a knot and secured it to the bear's "knee" with a glue dot. 

The layout is this sketch from Freshly Made Sketches


5 comments:

  1. Such a fun & creative design, Donna! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is such a great card! I love that sweet little bear and I love how you've used duct tape and a bandaid! Someone is going to love this! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so clever and creative! Love the duct tape, the bandaid and the surgical tape. I would never have thought of all of those, but they're perfect for wishing your friend a quick recovery. I hope she's not in too much discomfort and that she heals quickly and completely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops. Forgot to change the default to my name again!

      Delete
  4. This is adorable! Very creative! So glad you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete