Tuesday, January 9, 2024

New Stuff

 Cardz 4 Guyz new challenge is Use Something New from your Stash. 

I have been making a real dent in my stash of patterned paper the past 2 weeks so I am ready for something new. I actually haven't bought anything new lately. The only thing new I could find new was a wreath stamp, a Christmas gift from my granddaughter. I thought I could try making it into a masculine looking wreath.


 I stamped the wreath and colored it with Stampin' Blends with Mossy Meadow and Cherry Cobbler. For the masculine element, I wrapped the wreath with twine and added a twine bow anchored with a gold brad. I hung the wreath on a "brick" embossed Cherry Cobbler paper, rubbed with white ink. The merry christmas is a die cut from Stampin' Up! The whole image is on an Evening Evergreen card base.

As this is a new stamp, I will also share the card with My NBUS

And this is a record for me--my first Christmas Card for the next season.

5 comments:

  1. This is a great looking card. I think anyone--male or female--would appreciate it. Good work on whittling down your paper stash. Miine is still out of control. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. although you didn't purchased anything, the stamp set that you never used worked as well since it's still new to you! Happy New Year to you too! Thank you for joining us at C4Guyz for use something new in your stash challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice new wreath stamp!! Thanks for playing along with our "Use something new from your stash" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz. Your wreath truned out great for a guy...way to go nailing the masculine portion of our challenge. -Deb Horst, DT #C4G338

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job getting a jump start on your 2024 Christmas cards, Donna! This is a great design with the wreath over the brick embossing! It works for any gender, too. Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful stamp and looks great with the brick embossing folder.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete