Saturday, January 27, 2024

Celebrate

 I get a lot of "freebies" in the mail from various charities with greeting cards, calendars, note pads. Asking for donations of course but I seldom donate. Personally I think they spend a lot of money sending out this stuff. They should use that money for their cause. But I do like using parts of the free cards to make my own greetings. This is one of those examples.


I die cut the image from the front of one of the free cards. Picked up the green from the hat for the  layers and behind the celebrate which is a 2 step die from Stampin' Up!, The circles are deckle die cuts from SU. I chose the swirly E/F from Cuttlebug thinking it looks like party streamers.

I am entering this at Can You Handle the Pressure challenge to use an embossing folder with the option of Birthday.



3 comments:

  1. Great card! I always look at the freebies that come in the mail to see if there is any part of them I can upcycle. You did a great job on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card my friend. I don't normally get free cards in the mail to cut apart and use but it is a very clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I agree, I don't like when I see they want your money but then will send you a 'free' blanket or t-shirt, I would rather they put that money where it needs to be!! Anyhow a fabulously fun recycled card for a birthday!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}

    ReplyDelete