Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Summer Sailing

Using this fun sketch today from Tuesday Morning Sketches. It is a fun and challenging one. We would be happy to see your interpretation and hope you will join us this week.


This one is a great sketch for all those scraps we have laying around just begging to be used. 😀


I used the leftover strips from some retired SU paper. After I attached them to the card base, it made me think of a summer sunrise on a lake. Thus the sailboat image. The sentiment is also SU retired. So there, I made a masculine birthday card with out really setting out to do that!

Inside I added a computer sentiment and decorated with a sun and a strip color as a hint of water made with a SU Blend pen.

Click on  Tuesday Morning Sketches to see how all the design team interpreted the sketch and then enter your own creation.



7 comments:

  1. beautiful card, the boat is a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Donna, you used a great blend of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think adding the sailboat was such a great idea!!! I thought you watercolored that paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful way to use up scraps. Love the sailboat and great sentiment to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE, LOVE, love the watercolor look to your card! So pretty and I have to agree, the boat is a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great group of paper strips and fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun card, and a definitely a great way to use those leftover pieces of DSP. I have to remember this one!!

    ReplyDelete