Monday, November 7, 2022

Fall Colors

I love the colors of fall. all the warm yellows, oranges, and reds. My card today reflects all of those shades. Although here, all those beautiful leaves have fallen and are now just a dull brown all over the yard and deck. Fortunately my husband made quick work of them with his leaf blower--you know men love playing with their toys too.


I took a scrap of watercolor paper and sprinkled on Brushos and spritzed with water. When that was dry, I used a Serendipity Stamps to stamp leaves with Versamark ink  and embossed it with gold embossing powder. That is backed with brown cardstock. The gold stripe vellum is also a leftover from SU. The background paper is really an orange that for some reason looks gold here.  I found it at a yard sale and it did not have a label. The orange sparkly ribbon was also in my stash.  The sentiment is from Stampin' Up!, stamped and fussy cut.

Playing with 3 challenges

The Paper Players


Make The Cards Challenge


The Card Concept I was inspired by the colors for my layered card. 



6 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Donna. That background is so lovely. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at The Card Concept. I'm always excited to see your cards linked up and enjoy stopping by to say hello. Keep on crafting, my friend. Have a great week.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the autumnal background, so pretty! Thanks for joining the Make the Cards Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous background you created! I love the leaves embossed in gold and the pretty ribbon! Thank you so much for joining my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the fall colors and hues you used here are so pretty, Donna! Love that gold as well! Thanks for playing with our theme challenge at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some beautiful fall colors on your card. I love that you used your Brushos. I haven't used mine in a good long while. I guess I should really get them out and do something with them. I just never seem to have enough time to do all the crafting I want!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool background with those pretty fall colors! Thanks for playing at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete