Sunday, November 27, 2022

Koala in the Forest

 I just received this paper from Stampin' Up! called Ever Eden (now retired) The leafy pattern made me think of koalas hiding among the trees. But, I didn't want the koala to contrast too much like  it would if I put it on a white cardstock label. So using the SU Stamparatus and Evening Evergreen ink, I stamped the koala, from Wild & Sweet stamp set, directly to the DSP  repeatedly until it was dark enough. Because there are gold leaves in the background, I added a gold metallic strip to the edge. The sentiment is old one punched with an SU label punch. I love the subtle look of this card. and am sure I will be trying this again. Sometimes an experiment turns out just right.

I used the sketch inspiration at Freshly Made Sketches



Also as this is all new stuff, I will link up at NBUS




3 comments:

  1. What a sweet card! Love that adorable koala and the pretty gold leaves! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! Your idea to stamp the koala "among the leaves" was brilliant. He really does look like he could be obscured by all the trees. I like the gold strip, too. It brings out the gold in the DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea. This is such a sweet card. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete