Wednesday, July 26, 2023

On The Water

 Cardz 4 Guyz newest challenge is On The Water. This is my favorite go to for masculine cards. 


This is kind of a dark and stormy card. Not too wild about a sailboat in calm waters, sure I would not like one in a storm. The background patterned paper is from Craft Consortium called Craft Papers, Ink drop Monochrome.. All the papers are black or gray marble with metallic veins.  This paper is one of the grays with silver veins. I sponged some pink towards the top to look like a bit of a sunset behind the brewing storm clouds. Then sponged blue across the bottom for the water. The sailboat is an old Stampin' UP! one, stamped and fussy cut and popped up on foam squares. Carrying out the water theme, I mounted it on SU!'s Pool Party.  

5 comments:

  1. This is great and such a clever use of that paper! I have some marble-like papers, too, that I haven't used much. I need to take another look at them and see if I can see, or help create, a scene on them. I have a little sailboat die that I like to use for masculine cards, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike...my card that I created for today's post uses that same little sailboat!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "on the water" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Your sailboat is perfect for our theme and that marble background rocks the masculine element called for in all our challenges!! -Deb Horst, DT #C4G327

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, thank you for this brilliant tip, Donna! I have loads of those incredible papers and it never occurred to me to add a bit of ink sponging to get the pattern to look even more like I intend it for! I love a sailboat for a manly card and how this paper gives the day a dark and moody look. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stormy sky. We've had a few thunderstorms here lately. I love sitting on our boat watching the storm. Thanks for joining my challenge at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you've enhanced the DP to create the background to your sail boat. Thanks for linking up at Cardz4Guyz. :)

    ReplyDelete