Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Christmas for the Guys

 Cardz 4 Guyz is challenging us to make Christmas cards for guys. I suppose most designs for Christmas cards for guys would be appropriate as long as there is not a lot of flowers or ribbons. Here is my design.

 
Black is a totally unexpected choice for a Christmas card. I purchased a pack of Ink Drops Monochrome paper by Craft Consortium. I'm not sure what I was thinking but I just liked the marble look. They are all blacks and grays with different metallics.  When I got t it home, I stared at it and couldn't think of a design so I just put it away. 
So when this Christmas card challenge came up I decided to see what I could do with it. The black and gold looks like a starry night sky. So I am thinking a manger scene. The bold black and gold veining calls for a simple design.This image is DeNami Designs. I wanted just a halo effect for the nativity scene so die cut the same size circle and put it on the upper edge. 3 punched stars are scattered about the sky and 1 more above the manger. The sentiment is SU! embossed with gold and then fussy cut.
I think I will make more of these to use for the church staff Christmas cards.

3 comments:

  1. The black with the gold really make for a unique and wonderful Christmas card! Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this card is beautiful! I love the black and gold background. I have a similar set of 6 X 6 papers, and, like you, when I got it, I didn't know what to do with it. I finally made a couple of cards with it, but have quite a bit left. I'm going to look at it again with Christmas cards in mind, and see what I can come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing along with our "Christmas in July" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Your rocked the Christmas elements with our nativity scene and the nailed the masculine element with your gold & black color combination...well done!!

    ReplyDelete