Sunday, July 31, 2022

Black

I don't usually use black cardstock for a card base. The challenge at Make the Cards Challenge is use black background. So black card it is.


The vellum layer is from SU called Lovely Layers andis pre-printed with the black dots creating a perfect frame for the patterned paper which is from SU's retired Hand Penned DSP. It is originally b/w and I colored the flowers with Calypso Coral SU blends, then framed that with black cardstock and adhered it to a Calyso Coral card. That is all adhered to the black card base. The sentiment is an old SU one, stamped and fussy cut.

This is the banner from Make the Cards Challenge



4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Donna! I just love that shade of coral with the black. Thank you for joining us at Make the Cards Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card-I love how the black cardstock makes the rest of the card really pop! Thank you so much for sharing your work us at Make the Cards Challenge and we hope that you can join us again soon.
    Anna, Make the Cards Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to use more of the vellum I have. Somehow, I have collected a LOT of it. This is a great card and has inspired me to take another look through my vellum papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love how you made the card base work with the pink, white and black color palate on the rest of the card. Very pretty! Thank you so much for sharing your work us at Make the Cards Challenge and we hope that you can join us again soon.
    Anna, Make the Cards Design Team

    ReplyDelete