Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Retirement

I am so enjoying being retired so I am always happy with friends who finally retire. And of course, retirement offers more opportunities to travel to fun places. Here is a fun card to celebrate the event.



I used a Tim Holtz E/F for the background.  I used a white gel pen to make the black stripes look like a highway. The car is an old unlabled stamp colored with SU blends and fussy cut. The sentiment is done on the computer. 

I used this sketch from Make The Cards Challenge 



6 comments:

  1. Donna, what a creative way to use the stripes for a road to go with that cute little car! Great interpretation of the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Make the Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww… this is so cute! Love the embossed background. Thanks for sharing with us at Make the Cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! I love the wonderful background and the great way you used the sketch to add some road to go with your car. Thank you so much for sharing your work us at Make the Cards Challenge and we hope that you can join us again soon.
    Anna, Make the Cards Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever, love how you made the road, and what a cool embossed background! Thanks for sharing with us at Make the Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for making the road look so authentic. A fun embossed background. I love being retired too. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't ever thought of putting a little car on a retirement card, but it's the perfect image. I think travel is on the to-do lists of most retired people. Great card!

    ReplyDelete