Sunday, July 3, 2022

Beach Themes

 I am not close to the ocean and beach so I have to settle for cards with beach theme.

Using this sketch from Sketch Saturday


I had the folder with seashells (unlabeled) still on my workspace and saw that as the side elements on the sketch. I stamped one large one on vellum and die cut it into a circle. Then stamped the smaller shells on white and fussy cut them. The sentiment is SU. All of this went on a Pool Party mat with the SU wavy E/F. Doesn't that remind you of ocean waves? Then onto a Kraft card base for the sand portion of the beach. For a little glimmer, I ran a Wink of Stella pen across the waves. Then 5 clear sequins to reflect the water. I went searching my stash for shell stickers to put inside and found a set of flip flops so had to make this one:


This E/F is Painted Texture from SU. I think it looks like sand dunes. I reversed the background so the sandcastle would be sitting on "sand" and the Pool Party in the background.

2 comments:

  1. I am amazed at how perfectly those embossing folders worked for ocean waves and sand. You had just the right stamps for each of them, too. And the stickers were perfect for a beach scene. Both cards look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely. Both cards are fun and shows us what fun at the beach looks like.

    ReplyDelete