Tuesday, July 19, 2022

A Study in Greens

 Back with another Tuesday Morning Sketches


I have used SU's Evening Evergreen, Pool Party, and a green moody sky paper from the scrap bin. My three elements are butterflies from a scrap of Pool Party with a die from SU. I sponged on some Evening Evergreen to darken the edges so they would stand out from the background. I could not find either the dark green or light aqua in my huge stash of ribbons--isn't that often the case. So I made a "ribbon with a strip of the Evening Evergreen and die cut a matching bow from a retired SU wreath set. I sponged some white highlights on the ribbon. And used black Nuvo drops as butterfly bodies. I don't see anywhere to put a sentiment so it stays without one. I can then use it for any occasion. 

Check out the sketch



and join us with your own creation,

Amendment:
I said I didn't see anywhere for a sentiment. But when I saw our designer Debi's cute card with the tiny tag, I decided to go back and add one to mine. It was just the finishing touch it needed.

Here is the amended version



6 comments:

  1. Great take on the scetch !
    groeten Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to improvise for your ribbon Donna!! I was too lazy to figure out a sentiment - great job on doing that too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you hadn't told me, I never would have guessed that wasn't ribbon. I am really liking the colors you used. And I am flattered you liked my little tag. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Those butterflies are perfect. And your faux ribbon is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving those beautiful butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice card. I love those sweet little butterflies with their Nuvo drop bodies. And your tiny tag was the perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete