Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Sailing Off Into the Suset

 Cardz 4 Guyz challenges us to make masculine cards. This week's theme is camping or outdoor activities.  First I want to thank them for choosing my last card for top 3, see it here

I was straightening up some papers. I came across an unopened pack of 6x6 papers from SU! that maybe 2 years old. It is a fun unexpected find. It is call Fancy Flora. A lot of the pieces look like watercolor or smudged paint.  This one reminded me of the sea. However, it was too pink on the top for a masculine card. What to do? Get out the inks and blend on some oranges and yellows to look like sunset.


I often use sailboats for masculine cards. This sailboat and circle are from SU's retired Swirly Bird Stamp and Die set. The sentiment is also SU.
Inside I did a computer sentiment and stamped a small "sun" circle.


Here is the original paper.


I hope I have inspired you to take another look at your designer papers and see other possibilities.
 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Your inking gave it a whole new look, and it's perfect for that sailboat. What a great masculine card. I love using sea scenes for masculine cards, too. I guess I need to take another look at the papers I have and see if I can make use of them with just a bit of inking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome masculine card! Your inking really made the sunset come alive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite retired sets!! That sail boat from Stampin Up's Swirly Bird is a perfect image for out door activities!! Thanks for playing along with our "Camping/Outdoor Activity" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz...your sailboat card makes a great guy card!!
    Deb Horst, DT #C4G343

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Love the colors and the scene. Thanks for sharing over at Cardz 4 Guyz

    ReplyDelete