Tuesday, August 6, 2024

"kaleidoscope"

 Group of Seven Cardmakers is featuring a fun technique this month. Dubbed kaleidoscope technique  by Darnell, one of their designers.

It involves a gold embossed design. Then colored with inks or water colors. Then it is cut in strips and rearranged on a card front. I've used a pre made gold embossed card from SU! They are embossed on both front and back but I cut them apart and then cut them down to A2 size. Bargain deal, getting 2 cards from one. 

Here is the first one done with ink blending along the front. Then cut in 1" strips.



After assembling the strips, I glued them to a So Saffron card and added gold ginko leaves from SU! to the front. The sentiment is and old one in the stash. It is embossed with gold, glued on and anchored with a pink gem.

The second one: I colored the image with watercolor pencils and brushed with water.

The roses and leaves are from Essentials by Ellen. I winked the roses. The sentiment is again gold embossed, fussy cut and propped with foam tape.

Here is the original card base.




5 comments:

  1. I can see that it was a fair amount of work to make these cards, but it was worth it. They look great! I think the first one is my favorite. The muted colors of your ink blending let the gold ginko leaves be the star. I thought about trying this after seeing Darnell's post, but I just ran out of time. This has been a busy month for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got great results with this technique and I love your cards. That gold die cut is beautiful. No card comes out the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are so beautiful Donna!! Love your colouring of these gorgeous florals. Thanks for sharing with us at Group of Seven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful floral stamp you used for the Kaleidescope technique Donna - your cards look so different just by changing the colors! I had to look twice to see it was the same stamp - thank you for sharing with us at GO7! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both gorgeous! What a great technique!

    ReplyDelete