Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Daisies

 Happy Birthday to me!


I have arthritis in my hands and shoulders and have been wanting an electric die cut machine for quite a while. When I told my woodworker husband (who seems to buy a new tool for every new project) that I needed a new tool to replace a 12 year old one and he was all for it. I can tell you, so far, I love it.

Using the die cutting and embossing features, I made this card.


The turquoise papers are leftovers. A few years ago, Stampin" UP! had some DSP that had an overall bird design. I spent one afternoon fussy cutting all the birds from one of the sheets. Now I have a bird handy when I need it. I used an SU punch for the small daisies. An old sentiment from my collection die cut with an SU label die. The e/f is from Cuttlebug. I think it is actually poinsettias but they do look a lot like daisies.

I used the sketch from Sketch Saturday

Lots of challenges for this one. 

Can You Handle the Pressure use any embossing folder with a twist of adding a bird.

Cardz 4 Galz Spring flowers with die cut or punch.

Just Us Girls Birds of a Feather in collaboration with Time Out Challenges

5 comments:

  1. Yes, electric die cutting is awesome, glad it's helped you! Your card is cute, Donna. It's a delightful way to send a note. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad having an electric machine will help you to continue making cards as cute as this one, Donna. I can't imagine fussy cutting all those birds. Thanks for sharing your card at the Just Us Girls/Time Out collaborative challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! I can see that your new machine does a fantastic job of embossing. The design is so evenly impressed into the paper. It's fun getting new toys, isn't it? I'm so glad it helps. When my hubs complains about how much I spend on craft supplies, I remind him how much he spends on our dog (really, his dog) and the RV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job! I like your card a lot with the beautiful embossing and DP.
    Lia DT CYHTP

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love the embossed BG and the colors!
    Yay for the new machine!!

    ReplyDelete