Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Pretty Butterflies

 So here we are, the last Tuesday of April. That is 4 months gone already this year. How can that be? That makes it time for a new sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches


I love butterflies. This card really shows that with an e/f from Recollections as well as a die cut butterfly.

I wanted a spring looking card so I used  blue, yellow, and pink inks to brush over the raised portions of the butterflies. Then I picked two of the colors to make a banner and stamped it with a sentiment from Stampin' Up!. The wavy lines makes me think of butterflies flitting about. To give the sentiment a little sparkle, I filled in the letters and traced the lines with a clear gel star pen. Instead of the square on the sketch, I used a die cut butterfly. The black dots are Nuvo.

You know on the sketch, you can use any shapes just so the general sketch is portrayed. I look forward to what you can create with this sketch. 




6 comments:

  1. Heel mooi in deze kleuren !!!!
    Groeten Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Donna! Love the pastel colors that you added to your embossed background. I need to get my butterfly dies out again and play with them. Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That anonymous comment is from me, Donna. I forgot to "select" to use my name again. I can't seem to remember to do that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so soft and pretty Donna, I love the subtle colors added to all the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh Donna - this is lovely! The soft colors. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love the colored highlights you added to the embossed panel.

    ReplyDelete