Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Makin' A List

 Welcome to another Tuesday Morning Sketches. This one by Melissa.I have to admit I struggled with what to do with this sketch. But that is why they are called challenges, right?


Then I had this chevron paper from SU out for another card and decided it was just perfect for those vertical strips.


They seemed just right for a Santa card too.  I am sorry, I lost the packaging for this stamp. If you know who made it let me know and I will amend with a credit. The stamp does not actually have the list on the paper so I used a Sharpie to make lines like there is a list there. 

It took me awhile to figure out something for those button elements at the top and bottom of the strips. I wanted something flat so this card would mail easily. Then, ah ha moment. Staring me right in the face in the same stamp set was a strip of HOHOHO. I stamped that twice and cut them all apart. After gluing them down, I filled in the letters with a gold star pen--adds just the right amount of glitz.

10 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch !!!!
    groeten Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an expert when it comes to making cards from sketches. This turned into such a fun Christmas card. I love your idea of adding the Ho Ho Ho to the top and bottom of your strips. This is one of those cards that would be a good one to mass produce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you’ve added the lines to the list! Such a grand card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Checkin it twice! What a fun card, love those strips and santa looks ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your struggle produced a really great Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the ho,ho, ho’s too and how you grabbed what was already out—lol hey it worked great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoops that’s from Patti Rowe

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's funny how often what you need is right on the table from another card, except the glue and scissors. They are usually hidden underneath the stuff from the last card. This got really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card and great idea to write in the list. Just adds a little extra to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I struggled with this one, too, and since yours was the first one on the DT blog, it helped me, so thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete