Friday, September 9, 2022

Butterfly Birthday Wishes

 I usually make funny, snarky type birthday cards. Because all my friends are reaching that age where we just have to make fun of our birthdays. But sometimes you just need a pretty card.


The butterfly paper is black and white from SU. I wanted a little bit of color so I lightly sponged all over with 4 different colors. Then die cut the butterfly in black (to create a shadow) and in white. The white was just too stark against the background so I sponged on some of the same colors. Nuvo drops line the body. The sentiment is from SU, stamped and fussy cut. Inside is a computer made sentiment and another butterfly punched out and sponged with color.
Entering this at TIME OUT Challenges. I don't have the traditional rainbow arc but the inks are in rainbow hues.


2 comments:

  1. I love butterflies, so this card really spoke to me. The soft colors are so pretty. Messing around with ink is really fun, isn't it? And your "messing around" turned into a very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blend of colors.Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete