Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Beautiful Fall Leaves.

 I live in a part of the United States that has a lot of hardwood trees. Every fall they put on a really colorful show. We will just get in the car and drive around our area looking at the beauty.

This week's sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches is a perfect one to display some gorgeous colored leaves.



The background paper is from a 6.6 pad in SU's new catalogue. When I first saw this paper it just reminded me of falling leaves. 


A few years ago, I bought a long garland of silk colored leaves at JoAnn's. I pulled off all the leaves and use them on cards. The leaves are attached at the base with large glue dots and then I added a raffia bow. The sentiment is a really old unlabled one.

I hope you will check out all the design team cards at Tuesday Morning Sketches blog and then share a creation of your own.



8 comments:

  1. This is stunning! I'm loving that Stampin Up paper and those bold leaves really make this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! We have lots of hardwood trees in Minnesota, too, and fall is our most colorful season. The sugar maples are especially beautiful. We also drive around the area looking at the trees. We know it's only a matter of weeks before our world turns white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love these colors!
    Some of our trees are turning already. :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous that you have all the colors of Fall.

    Your card is lovely! I think we were thinking the same for this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous and so typical of autumn here. I love the leaf and beautiful ribbon. Great card, Donna. I saw that about Wishful Thinking and I'm so happy for them. Maybe we could meet for lunch when it's open again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous idea for the leaves! This card shouts fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty and such a great idea, I bet you will get a ton of cards out of the garland and still have some left over for a smaller garland!

    ReplyDelete
  8. goodness, that was Patti!

    ReplyDelete