Thursday, August 25, 2022

Duct Tape

There are a lot of jokes that go around about duct tape and men.   So for a masculine card for Cardz 4 Guyz why not use duct tape? I was going to use burlap on the card but Cardz 4 Guyz challenge is to use a stencil so I pulled out Tim Holtz stencil called burlap.


I used a Kraft card base. The sentiment is done on the computer. I saw this saying on a sign somewhere on my travels a few years ago. I die cut it with a deckle edge rectangle from SU. The edge of the sentiment is also stenciled. Then it is secured to the card with real duct tape and a bandaid. Inside I added another strip of duct tape at the top of the white liner.



6 comments:

  1. This made me smile...I have a duct tape crazy friend that I might just have to "steal" this for!!
    Thanks for playing along with our "stencil" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome male card. I love the idea of duct tape for men because what man doesn't have a roll in the house or garage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a genius card!! I love how you really used real duct tape and a real bandaid with that perfect sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh sorry that was me Patti Rowe I’m not syncing too good with Google these days!~

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great "get well" card for a guy, especially if he's gotten a new knee or is recovering from a broken bone. Love the idea of duct tape on guys' cards. I need to remember that idea when struggling to make enough of them for the thrift store.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I broke out in a huge smile when I saw your card, Donna! This is so incredibly perfect for a Card 4 Guyz! Thank you for playing along with our challenge. I hope to see you in the gallery again soon!

    ReplyDelete