Monday, August 30, 2021

Slats of Woods

 I had a 6x6 stack of wood patterned paper from Stampin' Up!  After cutting the sheets down for cards, I am left with a bunch of 2" strips. I found inspiration on Pinterest for this card. 


I taped five different patterns of wood 1" x 4" strips on white card stock and trimmed it with a narrow border. Then mounted it to Kraft card base. The trees are from SU's Evergreen Elegance on a die cut circle baked with a Mossy Green die cut circle. The sentiment is also SU on white strip backed withMossy Green. 

I used the center cross row on the Tic Tac Toe challenge on The Paper Players




4 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful card - perfect for the men in our lives, but I know some women who would love it, too. I really like how the different wood patterns look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love all these patterns of wood! Such a fabulous masculine card1 The Evergreens are just fabulous, too! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful masculine birthday card. It's great to see a guy card in the gallery. The colors are perfect and your layout works beautifully with your focal element. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna your background is a great way to use up those leftover strips and I love the woodsy, rustic feel to your card. It's always nice to get some masculine card inspiration! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete