Thursday, August 19, 2021

Cute Cow

My husband and I both grew up on farms. When we married, we both admitted we had had enough of that and didn't want anything to do with farming. I will have to admit, this adorable calf is cuter than any I encountered on the farm.

This is the August freebie from Imagine That Digistamp. It comes precolored. I think my printer ink is not balanced because the colors were not accurate when I printed it. The heart is supposed to be green leaves. I added some color to the image with SU Blends but left the heart yellow. I found a striped yellow print in the scrap box to use for the background. And a bit of lavender doted paper for the accent strip. The sentiment "thank you from the bottom of my heart" is also with the Pretty Calf set and super imposed  over the  image. 

Also entering this at Let's Craft and Create whose prompt is Polka Dots &/or Stripes.

and Send A Smile 4 Kids where they are asking for thank you cards for staff, kids, or their families.

7 comments:

  1. LOVELY!! I thought you must be a genius with photo editing to get it to turn yellow, LOL! But i really like it, and the lavender is really pretty with the yellow too!

    Thanks for playing again this month at Imagine That Digistamp!
    Blessings,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS... my hubby grew up on a farm too and had a milking cow, pigs, chickens, grew potatoes and corn and he didn't want to have a farm to keep up in his adult life. I, on the other hand grew up in the city and always wanted a farm/ranch and have horses and chickens. I guess you could say we compromised... we live out of town on 1 1/2 acres right next door to a cattle ranch, so we get to see the cute cows, hear the roosters but don't have to put in the work! HA! We did at one time have 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 bunnies and 2 hamsters all at the same time! (does that count?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the sweetest face! The leaves framing her face looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, this is so precious! Thank you for sharing with us at SAS4Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors! I wouldn't have known it wasn't what was intended. That calf does look awfully sweet with those long eyelashes! Thanks for planing along at SAS4Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister and her husband farm. They raise beef cattle on their farm, so it's always fun to see the calves. They're never as cute as your calf, though! And they certainly don't have pretty flowers on their heads. LOL Love your card and the soft colors. I think the yellow leaves shaping the heart look like they were meant to be that color. There are no mistakes in cardmaking, right???

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really lovely thank you card and I agree it a very pretty cow, reminding me of the cows over on Jersey with their long eye lashes which are definately the prettiest cows that I have ever seen. Thanks for joining us at Let's Craft & Create, happy crafting, Michelle DT x

    ReplyDelete