Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Curious Cats

 Thank you Darnell for choosing my cards as a winner for Twofer Card Challenge in June. And I am so happy to be a guest designer for August. It is with mixed feelings though as Darnell has decided to end the Twofer challenges. It has stretched my creativity in new ways to imagine two ways to use a stamp. Thank you Darnell for these fun challenges.


August prompt is dog/cat.


I used an old Newton's Nook cat stamp. Gifts are a part of Christmas and birthday celebrations. And Newton is surely curious about what is in those pretty boxes.


I stamped, colored, and fussy cut the images. 

My onefer is a Christmas card.

The gold star background is SU's Most Wonderful Time. Keeping with traditional Christmas colors, I used a Real Red card base and colored the gifts red and green with shiny ribbons. The sentiment is from SU's Itty Bitty Christmas set. 3 gold faceted stars accent the sentiment strip.

My twofer is celebrating a "purr"fect birthday

In my mountains of patterned paper, I could not find one that co-ordinated with the colors of the image. Maybe I should have done that in reverse--picked a paper and then colored the image? Oh well, I will just have to make my own background. I used a stripe stencil and sponged on SU colors: Daffodil Delight, Highland Heather, Pool Party, Lemon Lime Twist. Newton got lost on all those stripes so I die cut a scalloped circle as a background. And of course a party hat.

8 comments:

  1. Donna thank you to be guest designer at TCC final challenge. I love both of your cards with the awesome image of a naughty cat! When you find the rececipe how to combine patterned papers with your image, let me know. :-) I have the same problems and often make the background by myself.:-) Stay safe and keep crafting. Hugs, Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Donna, and thank you for your playing in the past and for being one of our Guest Designers this month. I'm so glad you enjoyed the challenges and I hope you will continue to use the concept of Twofer!

    You rocked the concept this month with your adorable curious cat inspiration Twofers! I love that schparkly starry background for your Christmas design with the traditional package colors and expensive-looking gold and silver ribbons. And making your own DSP using a stripe stencil was inspired for your birthday design. Now, see, I'm not sure I would have thought of that and it brought so much more interest to your kitty cat inside the scalloped circle! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great twofer with the Newton's Nook kitty, Donna - just love both cards!! Congrats on being a guest designer for the final Twofer Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, Congrats on being the winner in June. Your cards for this month's challenge are purrrr-fect!! (couldn't resist). I love that little kitty, but he better be careful. We know what curiosity did to the Cat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Newton is a most adorable kitty, Donna! I love how you've added the look of texture to him in the Christmas card and that elegant designer paper background! Brilliant stenciling on the second card and putting Newton on the scalloped circle was a great idea! Thanks for joining our team as Guest Designer this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Newton is definitely an ADORABLE little kitty and he totally rocks both of your AWESOME cards Donna!! I love the gold star background on your Christmas card...SOOO festive! And YAY to you for making your own background on the birthday card to match the colors you used on Newton and his birthday gifts!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month as a GD and inspiring our players for this last challenge!! Hugs, Marcia (DT) :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore Newton's Nook Stamps! That kitty is one of my very favorites, too. You've used him perfectly on both cards, Donna! That gold starry paper on your Christmas card is just wonderful! And you've transformed him perfectly into a birthday Newton, too! Awesome job making your own striped background paper - well done you!! Thanks so much for joining us as a Guest Designer for our final Twofer Challenge. It's been a pleasure seeing all of your cards over the years. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are adorable cards. That golden star sky is simply stunning. A darling birthday card too. That kitty is so sweet in her party hat.

    ReplyDelete