Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Non Traditional Christmas Colors


 I am playing with The Paper Players sketch.


I was so impressed with Ann's gorgeous card I just had to CASE it. Do go check hers out. Mine is a bit simpler design. I loved her combination of Mint Macaron with pink. Hers had silver but I found this piece of DSP from a couple of years ago. It has gold metallic strips through it. So I used gold foil under some laser cut snowflakes.  The snowflakes come white but I wanted them to reflect the pink from the label so I lightly sponged them with a make up brush with Melon Mambo. The sentiment is from Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set, embossed in white on Melon Mambo card stock. For more pink reflection, I added Melon Mambo dots to each snowflake center.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Donna! The striped paper paired with the gold foil makes a stunning backdrop for the sponged snowflakes. Thank you so much for the shout out, and thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the gold touches--even the gold twine underneath your sentiment. This is a very festive card, and someone will love receiving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, I was in love with Ann's card also and yours is just as pretty! YOur striped background really ties it all in so nicely! I love the touches of pink as well! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Donna! Love all of the shimmer and shine. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete