Sunday, August 22, 2021

Sympathy

Just getting in under the wire for Tuesday Morning Sketches I made this card earlier in the week and then got busy and forgot to post it.

I like sympathy cards to be subtle and understated. Here, I used grey card stock. I used a negative from a die cut circle as a stencil and brushed in some SU Basic Grey. Then using the same grey ink, I stamped on some stems. The stamp is an old unlabeled one. The sentiment is SU. The punched butterfly is a light purple from the scrap box. It has a Nuvo black body.

Here is the sketch



7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sympathy card!!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie - TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely card. Subtle and elegant. I love the grey and purple.
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful, comforting sympathy card, Donna. I laughed at your comment on my blog today. I can relate - I once set a plastic plant on a radiator and the next morning it was melted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sympathy card is wonderful! I love the understated design. So glad you joined us again this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is stunning. Thank you so much for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card! Like you, I always try to make sympathy cards that are subtle and understated. I love the inkblended circle. I'm going to try that idea on a sympathy card tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Donna, the whole design of this is stunning!! I love the blended ink circle and the simple stamping, beautifully done!

    Hope you have a lovely day :-)
    luv
    Lols XX

    ReplyDelete