Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Pretty Sympathy Card

I've been working to increase my stash of sympathy cards. It is so much easier to have one ready when needed than to sit down at the time to make one. I like pastel palettes for sympathy cards.


This card is all Stampin' UP!. The card stock colors are Sea Foam Green and Blushing Bride. The leaves are die cuts from Forever Fern stamp set. Before I secured the leaves, I lightly sponged some light blue on the paper. The butterfly is a 2 step stamp and then punched. I cut a SU vellum square doily in half corner to corner and secured each half in 2 of the corners of the card base. You may have to enlarge the picture to see that.  

The layout is from Tuesday Morning Sketches



6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous card! The muted colors are perfect for the occasion and I love the vellum doily in the background. I really need to remember to give that a try on a future card, because I love the soft look of it. I've gotten several good ideas from this one card. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sympathy card, Donna.
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
    xxx Margreet DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very pretty!! It would be perfect for any reason but also so perfect for the ever so hard sympathy cards! Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely card. The tiny bit of distressing is so effective. I like the vellum with this soft color combination. So happy you shared it at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Debi TMS DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely sympathy card. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So soft and pretty. Love the design. TFS

    ReplyDelete