Thursday, March 18, 2021

Two-fer

This month's challenge at Darnell's Two-Fer Challenge is choose your own. I chose a butterfly die as I have been playing with all my butterfly stamps and dies in order to prove I really do not need to buy the new butterfly bundle from SU! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ How long do you think I can hold out? 





Number one


I used a butterfly embossing folder from Reflections on the navy background. You will have to enlarge the picture to see it. The scrap of floral is SU's Pretty Blooms. The sentiment is also SU. I picked up the blue flower color to die cut the butterfly.

Number two


Another piece of Paper Blooms DSP with a black background and a card base of old olive card base. I die cut the butterfly on the patterned paper to have a shadow background. Then die cut the butterfly from a yellow scrap. I sponged some pinks and oranges on the edges of the butterfly for a little definition. The sentiment is from SU an a couple of punched labels. I used black Nuvo drops on the center of the butterfly. And for some subtle bling, I added 3 green sequins. As they match the green background, they don' stand out much so you may have to enlarge again to see them.

Also entering this clean and layered one at The Card Concept



7 comments:

  1. You chose such a lovely, delicate die for your prompt, Donna ... the first is all spring-like and fabulous against the textured background ... and the second is subtle and serene, perfect for a sympathy card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Donna! I love them both. It was such a smart idea to cut the shape of the butterfly out of your DSP on the second card so that there is a black shadow behind it. I have to remember that idea when making cards, because it works so well for intricate die-cuts like your butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous designs! What a lovely butterfly die!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can never go wrong with a butterfly on a card, can you? As for using all your sets, good job, Donna! After you've done that, perhaps you will want to pass on a couple of them which, in turn, will justify getting new ones, eh?πŸ˜‰

    I doubt that you will get rid of this one, however. It's a true keeper and one of my own favorites. I love how you have created your two beautiful designs to showcase it! Thank you for playing in TCC #36! I hope you are keeping well. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful butterfly! I love the two different looks with the rich colors in the background and with the soft vines. Thank you for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your butterflies are a perfect reminder that Spring is here, Donna! The blue butterfly is a perfect match with the flower! Love how you've added a bit of color to the wings of the yellow butterfly! Thanks for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two great twofers, Donna. I especially love that leafy background on the second card.

    ReplyDelete