Sunday, March 7, 2021

Spring Birds

The birds are beginning to return. Spring is on the way. 

When I am lacking mojo, I go to the SU catalogue for inspiration. . This one is cased from page 85 in the big catalogue. I did the stepped up version.


The cardstock is Cinnamon Cider. Over that is a scrap piece of textured vellum. Then I cut an end off the medium sized stitched label and stamped some branches across it. I stamped the same branch (an unlabeled one) on a scrap of white cardstock and die cut it with stitched rectangle. I know the flowers are supposed to be cherry blossoms, which are pink, but I like yellow with the cinnamon so I colored the branch with SU blender pens in daffodil delight and dark crumb cake. I punched out yellow flowers and colored orange centers. The hello is an old SU stamp in Crumb Cake, fussy cut and popped up with foam tape. The bird is fussy cut from the sheet of birds DSP in the Bird Ballard series. I added a little raffia bow for even more of the nature feel.

Entering at The Paper Players challenge with this pretty spring photo


Also entering at Pixie's Crafty Workshop Snippet challenge #398. Playing for that fabulous prize with the big oversized sentiments.

Entering too at The Library Craft Challenge


I might need to read this book to identify exactly what kind of bird is on my card.


11 comments:

  1. Donna, this is so lovely! The CC cardstock is perfect and the textured vellum adds so much depth! I agree, the yellow flowers are perfect with your little birdie! SO happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous card - the colour you've used for the base and panel look almost like a leather book cover. I really don't know why it's not loading in the gallery - I tried myself and it just seems the card is invisible in Linky Tool! maybe just a temporary glitch (I hope). Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is really lovely, Donna. The vellum makes it so special. I don't think I've ever seen textured vellum before, but I'm pretty sure I could emboss some! The warm colors make are wonderful, too. You rocked this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty card Donna - and I do so love the SU Cinnamon Cider colour.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card Donna, the textured vellum softens, and the yellow goes fab with the cinnamon xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card, can't beat a good browse through the SU catalogue for ideas. Great colours

    ReplyDelete
  10. The embossed vellum adds wonderful texture without detracting for the fabulous focal image. So glad you shared this beauty with us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your spring card....so pretty. Thanks for joining us at the paper players!

    ReplyDelete