Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Butterflies Again

 I am really trying to convince myself I DO NOT NEED to buy the new butterfly bundle just out from Stampin' UP!. Any one take bets on how long I will hold out? II have pulled out the many butterflies I do have and have been playing with them this week.


The purple and green papers are from SU's Sale-a-Bration event. The yellow for the die cut butterfly (from SU) is from the scrap box. The embossed vellum is one of the papers in last year's Christmas embossed poinsettias vellum.  I added 3 Nuvo pearl drops to the top of the green strip. I left off a sentiment to be able to use the card for any occasion. Really, though, I don't know where to add a sentiment. Any suggestions?

Using the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches. The 3 accents on the sketch would have been covered by the butterfly so I moved them to the left.

Also entering at Let's Craft and Create where we are challenged to use green and purple. I usually associate those colors with Halloween but these pastel colors are very spring like.


5 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card. I love the papers you used, and that butterfly is gorgeous. I have a larger butterfly die like that. Haven't used it in a long time, though. It may be time to get it out again. If you used a strip sentiment, it could be added almost anywhere. So glad you entered this at Let's Craft and Create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 😊I debated the new butterfly bundle too, but I've already given in. Your card is lovely and I like how you used the vellum. So glad you joined us again this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love card with great papers and a lovely butterfly.
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty card! Did your resolve dissolve? Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous butterfly!!!
    Good luck with refraining from buying more... LOL
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie - TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete