Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Summer Sailing

Summer is here. Time to get outside and have some fun recreation. I personally don't sail but love sitting on the shore and watching the beautiful sailboats.


I used more scraps from New Horizons paper by SU. These were placed on a navy background that was embossed with a wavy E/F by Sizzix for SU. The sailboat is from a retired SU set. The shell is a sticker. I left off the sentiment so I could use this for any masculine card.

It is rare for me to fine so many challenges that fit for one care.

The sketch is by Try Stampin' on Tuesday


This is a clean and layered card for The Card Concept where I was inspired by the blues, tans, and shells.

And for Cardz 4 Guyz Summer These.


getting in just under the wire for Let's Squash It!! Make it Manly




10 comments:

  1. Great card! I really like a sailing theme for masculine cards. I need to get my sailboat die out and make a couple for the thrift store. Thanks for inspiring me yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a lovely embossing folder and a very handsome card, perfect for the Make It Manly challenge at Let’s Squash It!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great masculine card! I love that embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. shells and sailboats...perfect for our challenge!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our SUMMER challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, great card using our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch!!! I love the sea, too! So your use of the sailboat and shell touched my heart immediately!! Thank you for sharing your card and talents with us at TSOT!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Donna!
    This is awesome and so perfect for our challenge at The Card Concept. Thanks for sharing with us there, and please join us again soon.
    I'd absolutely LOVE to have you also share your art at Word Art Wednesday - lots of great prizes/sponsors and always Anything Goes/family friendly. I hope you will play along there are well.
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    Blessings,
    Karen L, DT
    The Card Concept

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that dark blue wavy background. Lovely masculine card. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fab summer themed card, love the embossed waves and the scraps of DP work perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4Guyz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card. I love all of the texture and the fun patterns you have included in your card. Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job. I love the texture of the embossed background and the patterned paper is gorgeous and perfect for your nautical theme. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete