Tuesday, October 27, 2015

JOY

Lots of sparkly joy on my card for today's sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches
The DP is Lawn Fawn's Let's Bokeh in the Snow. I love the look of bokeh but I seem to make a mess of it so love even more when I can find paper with the effect already done. Joy is a SU die cut from red glitter paper. That is centered over a vellum punched circle. The gold cord was a remnant laying on my desk so I grabbed it to accent behind the joy. Then 3 stars punched form gold, silver, and red glitter paper add even more sparkle.
Here is inspiration sketch

And a twofer today. My blog friend Cheryl sent me how to instructions for spinner cards. See her really cute Halloween one here. So I tried one using the same Tuesday Morning sketch inspiration.
Will this get easier after some practice? Don't try a definite orientated picture first. I had mine about ready to mount and discovered the tree on the back side was upside down. So had a do over. This certainly was not a quick and easy card. So I will probably save this one for the grand kids. They will like the spinning part. I think they will be impressed with Nana.

Oh, and thanks to Debbie for choosing my card last week as her favorite. It featured the bokeh paper in green.

4 comments:

  1. Love those cards !!!!!
    The twofer is great !
    Ineke X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your cards are awesome, Donna! I really love the Joy card with all its sparkle, and you did a super job with the spinner. It turned out great! An ornament shape could also be the spinning element in the center. I may have to give that a try. :) Oh, yes, and I think it will get easier with practice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards Donna, I love the pretty pink of your Joy card. Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both beautiful, Donna!! This is such neat DP!!
    I really love the elegance of all the glitter on the first card!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
    Debbie (TMS DT)
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete