Monday, October 26, 2015

Gingerbread Man

Remember that story--run, run, fast as you can. You can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man?  I love gingerbread men. They are so cute. And I love going to look at the displays of gingerbread houses. Although I don't make one myself--waaay toooo much work! So I settle for doing gingerbread theme cards.
The 3 vertical rows on this sketch from The Paper Players, are definitely a challenge for me to get lined up precisely.

So it took a couple of tries but here is what I came up with.
On the first attempt I inadvertently turned one of the strips upside down so of course the red stripes did not line up. I used SU's cherry cobbler cardstock, sentiment, and window word punch. The GB man is from Sarasota Stamps. I found it in a BOGO bin at a nearby stamping store. I stamped it on SU's Baked Brown Sugar paper, colored with colored pencils, sponged on some white for sugar, and cut it out. The red candy stripe is from The Paper Studio. And the lollipop is from Lawn Fawn's Sweet Christmas. Inside, I used another SU sentiment and added another lollipop.
Hope I didn't give you sugar overload!!

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Donna! I love that red and white stripe paper, and your gingerbread man is adorable! I have trouble lining ANYTHING up, even when I use straight edges or rulers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, this is so fun! Love the red and white striped paper and the little gingerbread is so cute! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super fun card...love your little gingerbread man! Thanks for playing with my challenge this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete