Monday, October 5, 2015

Dragonflies

I love sitting by a pond watching the dragonflies flit about. They seem so serene. I even have a dragonfly logo on my business cards.  I haven't used them much so decided to pull one out for the Sympathy challenge at Just Us Girls
I used SU's Lucky Limeade and Pool Party to watercolor the background. Then stamped a silhouette of dandelions in black. Vellum seems to be a big trend right now and I really like that look so I stamped 2 dragonflies (no label on that stamp) in Lucky Limeade on a strip of vellum and then used the pointed end of a swab to fill in with some blue and violets. That was then attached by wrapping the ends to the back.With that you don't see any of the glue or tape used to attach the vellum. Gives a really clean finish. The sentiment is also from SU. Here is a close up of the dragonfly and the silhouette in the background.


4 comments:

  1. Very pretty and calming colors! I love the dragonflies too. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So soft and serene!! Love your background with the vellum overlay- thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a real beauty! I love the soft color palette with the watercoloring. Very soothing and so perfect for a sympathy card. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful soft colors and use of vellum - Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete