Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Plaids

 It is the middle of September. Have you started your Christmas cards yet? Tuesday Morning Sketches has a great new sketch for you to try and it's a great one to use some of those scraps.


You buy 6x6 paper pads, trim them down to 5 1/4" x 4" card fronts. What do you do with all those 2" strips left over? They were perfect for this design. I picked 3 that looked good together and cut 2" squares and backed them with coordinating colors. To counter balance the harshness of squares corners, I used a die cut circle for the sentiment. Also coordinating with the squares, an argyle Cuttlebug E/F was used on the white background. One small red sequin adds some bling.



Pull out some of your scraps and create a card this week to share at Tuesday Morning Sketches



5 comments:

  1. So pretty! Your papers are great, and I love that embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Donna, I am a little obsessed with plaid right now and I love the patterned papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a nice plaid paper and you've used 3. Gorgeous card using a relatively simple sketch. Nicely done! Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the plaid! It reminds me of Christmas dresses I had as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful combo color and texture💐☺️ congrats
    Happy day

    ReplyDelete