Tuesday, September 19, 2023

First Stamp

 Challenge at Try Stampin' On Tuesday is a fun sketch as well an inspiration to  use an old stamp.


I did both.


This cute little snowman is the very first stamp I bought--about 15 years ago. It was to make my own Christmas cards the year I retired. I had already been doing scrapbooking so card making seemed the next step.  I don't have a copy of that first card but I can say my designs and techniques have come a long way.--as well as my collection of supplies, papers, stamps, etc.

The stamp is Ink-a-Dink-a-Doo. The papers are a variety of snow patterns from my Christmas scraps. The background is a wintery pine needles scene where I used a clear star gel pen t0n o make them sparkle.

2 comments:

  1. Your snowman is so cute! I may still have a couple of the first stamps I bought more than 20 years ago. I went to a Stampin' Up party at a friend's place, but I didn't do much with that stamp set for a very long time. I only started making cards regularly about 15 years ago, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, such a cute snowman - I can see why you bought it! Great choice of snowflake papers for his background, too!! Thank you for sharing your very first stamp with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete