Sunday, September 19, 2021

Fall Is Upon Us

 A couple more days will be the official start of fall season. Although in southern Indiana we are hanging on to summer as long as possible with temperatures approaching 90. Not much changing of leaves yet, except on my card.


The yellow paper is from a very old collection of textured paper and has the feel of handmade paper. I found it in a large bag of supplies at a yard sale several years ago. I found a package of silk leaves at JoAnn's. The strip of lace is also from my stash. The sentiment is from SU, stamped on a snippet of white.

So many fall theme challenges now.

The gorgeous colors of fall at Just Us Girls


Using a clean and layered design for The Card Concept


And playing for this prize at Pixie's Crafty Workshop



4 comments:

  1. Great job incorporating silk leaves on your project! It adds texture and dimension! Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have some fall-colored silk leaves, but used them all up. I think I should get some more after seeing your pretty card. That textured paper is gorgeous--makes me want to touch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to use silk leaves, Donna, and I love that textured paper. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those silk leaves are beautiful and so is your textured paper. A lovely, colorful fall card. None of the leaves here are changing yet but it will be soon.

    ReplyDelete