Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Coneflowers

I have a new stamp set from SU called Nature's Harvest which has a branch of coneflowers. I Googled coneflowers to see what variety of colors they were. I didn't find the color I used which is a blue/gray but I guess I can take some artistic license. 


The card base is Just Jade. The background paper is in the Harvest Meadow DSP pack. The branch on the left is one of the dies in the Nature's Harvest Bundle. I stamped the cone flowers with Basic Grey ink and lightly colored them with a Prismacolor pencil. The sentiment is an old retired SU one.

I used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches, using a landscape instead of portrait layout.


This is the first outing for this set so I am also sharing it at NBUS



6 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely! Coneflowers are so dramatic with their deeply colored petals and protruding centers. I think it's definitely ok if you take artistic license with the colors you chose to use. It makes your conflowers all the more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I LOVE coneflowers so this card really works for me!
    Hugs, Sarn
    Stamping For Pleasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Donna - I just knew Sarn would fall in love with this, like me. She adores coneflowers and uses them lots on her gorgeous cards. LOVE the muted colours you used. so perfect for a Sympathy card.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Donna! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful sympathy card! Turning the sketch really changes the look and I love how you used the branch. So glad you played along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used your artistic license on this beautiful sympathy card, Donna. It makes me think of sepia photographs, only in the gray-blue hues instead of tan. I love it! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete