Thursday, January 28, 2021

Victorian Valentine

 This is the view outside my back door today


So guess where I am spending the day.

I have a commission to make generic adult Valentines--mostly for women. In my paper file, I found this beautiful roses paper from Graphic 45. I turned it into this. It reminds me of the antique Victorian looking Valentines.


I used an ivory cardstock base. Knowing I wanted to use gold accents, I traced the lines of the roses with a gold gel pen. 


A gold ribbon, scrap of vellum, ivory ribbon, gold die cut heart (SU) and an arrow die cut (CAS-UAL Fridays) with a sentiment from SU finish off the card.
I used the sketch from the inaugural Make the Cards Challenge



4 comments:

  1. How beautiful you take our 1st sketch and made a wonderful card :-))
    Thank you for already playing with us at MakeTheCardChallenge ❤️ Come again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That paper is fabulous and you turned it into an even more gorgeous card! Thank you for joining the Make the Cards Challenge. I hope we get to see more of your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That paper is just so beautiful! Your gold outlines make it even more elegant. Love your Valentine. Someone will be so excited to receive this. BTW, the view outside your window looks very much like my own view!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outlining is gold simply took beautiful paper to another level. What a gorgeous Valentine, Donna.

    ReplyDelete