Saturday, January 9, 2021

Stencil

 One of my granddaugters will be having her confirmation in the Catholic church next month. I wanted a special card for that occasions. As I had no appropriate stamps for religious purposes, I went searching the digital stamp companies. I found this cross one by Chubby Mermaid on etsy.


It has the scripture from Philippians 4:8 about Whatsoever is true, noble, pure, lovely,,.think on these things. It comes with the scroll border. After I printed out the image, I used a stencil from Honey Bee stamps called Stained Glass. I used a lot of pastel inks around the edges of the cross. After trimming the design, I matted it on black and then on a soft green. I added the butterfly as a symbol of new life.

Entering in Just Us Girls


2 comments:

  1. Your card turned out beautifully! I love the soft pastel colors, and I think the symbolic butterfly was a great idea. Congratulations to your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty and so appropriate for the occasion. Love the pastel stenciling to accent that pretty image. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete