Saturday, January 9, 2021

Sending Love

 I am back after a brief interval for some cleaning and maintenance in the craft room.  The major task was refinishing my desk top. I had so many splotches from sticky tape, glue, glitter. I am not very good about putting down a protective surface, guess that should be one of my New Year Resolutions.

New challenge at Send A Smile 4 Kids is Valentines/Love. I have already sent a box of Valentine's to the volunteer but will share one for my teenage granddaughter. Teenagers are such a challenge to get a balance between too cutesy, too childish, or too adult.

Cards come together so quickly when the patterned paper does all the work. This paper is from Stampin' Up! from a couple of years ago. The sentiment is computer made and goes with the stamp theme of the paper. The label is a Sizzix die. To get a smaller border, I cut a red one of the same size and split it diagonally. Give just a hint of color but not too large like the next size label would have been.



2 comments:

  1. What a fun and happy card! Love the patterned paper. Thank you for joining us at SAS4Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such great Valentine paper! I like how you created the narrow red border for your label, too. I agree with you on the difficulty of making cards for teens. I really struggle with not making them too cutesy but still fun.

    ReplyDelete