Thursday, January 21, 2021

Daffodils

 It has been a cold, gloomy, rainy January so far but today is bright sunshiny one. Hooray! So I was in the mood to make a sunny yellow card with the promise of the fist flowers of spring. I call this one an explosion of daffodils.


I used an SU Daffodil Delight card base. The stamp set is a retired one from SU (You're Inspiring). I stamped the row of daffodils across white cardstock and added 2 rows of ribbon. Then I stamped the larger daffodil image, colored it with Stampin' Blends and die cut with an oval die. The oval is popped up with foam tape to make it "explode" off the page. I left the sentiment off until I decide what occasion I will use the card.

Playing with the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches 



3 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty and makes me long for warm spring weather. I love how you've colored your flowers and used two colors of ribbon. The yellow one really enhances the color of the blooms, while the green one draws the your eye to the stems and leaves. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your use of the daffodils. The black/white as an accent to your colored version is a fabulous look. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is such a lovely card! I love the daffodils and the bright sunny color. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete