Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Easter Chicks

 Well, wouldn't you know, we have had weeks of gloomy days. But on groundhog's day the sun comes up bright and light. So if the groundhog sees his shadow is it 6 more weeks of winter? Or is that only 6 weeks until spring? Not too concerning if you can spend your time crafting. 

I am thinking spring, no matter what the groundhog says.


Make the Cards Challenge #2 is to use shades of purple


How fortunate to find a background paper that has all the shades. It is from Ms. Sparkle at JoAnn's. But I didn't stop there with the purples. The gingham is a scrap from Stampin' Up! The chick and sentiment are also from SU. I colored the chick with Stampin' Blend pens. Accents are 3 punched flower blooms in a very pale purple. I placed 3 Nuvo drops to the flower centers.

This will go to Send A Smile 4 Kids. I made a whole set of these in spring colors. I think the kids will be delighted with them.

Pink and yellow


And even in green and blue.



6 comments:

  1. These are so stinkin' cute. The kids definitely WILL love them. I love the papers you chose, but the purple tones really caught my eye. You may have read on my blog that purple is my favorite color. It's been gloomy here, too. I'm not sure we had any sun today, but I know it'll still take at least 6 weeks for Spring to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your purple background!!! Fantastic card! Thank you for playing along with the Make the Cards Challenge. I hope we see more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..!! Love the ombre background. So cute card. Thanks for sharing with us at Make the Card Challenge.
    Hope to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs,
    Mifta.
    Owner ~ MS Kraft Store
    DT ~ Scrapping4funChallenges
    DT ~ Through The Craft Room Door
    DT ~ Make the Cards Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! These are all just fabulous! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Make The Card Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    MAKE THE CARD CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A cute little chick for the kids to enjoy. You chose such great papers to compliment the colors. I think I have that paper from Ms. Sparkle too and you found a wonderful use for it.

    ReplyDelete