Sunday, January 12, 2020

Hearts

I thought I was done with Valentine supplies and stamps but had to get them back out for a chance to play in  Darnell's Twofer Card Challenge. Congratulations Darnell on your 2 year blogaversary. Always fun playing in your challenge.
I chose heart dies rather than stamps.
The first one is to honor all those poor animals and people who are being relocated during the devastating Australia fires. Prayers for their safety. My cutie Koala an unlabled stamp and the hugs is from Hero Arts. The koala stamp actually looks like this:
I stamped it on a scrap of white, colored it and fussy cut just the koala. Then stamped the hugs on a stitched square die cut from white and glued the koala at the top of hugs. The heart balloon is an SU die. I used clear glitter glue on the heart for a little sparkle. The red/white cord is from the accumulated scraps of twine and ribbon box.
The twofer, as suggested by Darnell that hearts can be used for wedding cards
I love the elegance of black and white cards for weddings. I used a black card base then an SU embossing folder for the background stars on the white mat.  No label on the Mr & Mrs. stamped on a scrap white strip.  I added punched borders of black with a Fiskar punch. Then used the same die to cut 2 white glitter paper hearts for accents.
Hope you all get a chance to play along.
Pixie's Crafty Workshop Snippets challenge is back. So entering there. Playing for the prize too of those beautiful Christmas ornaments

8 comments:

  1. These are both really sweet cards. I love your little koala bear, and the black and white (with a touch of pale pink) wedding card is absolutely elegant. Thanks for reminding me about the Twofer Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done with these two designs, Donna! I love them both! It is very thoughtful to do an adorable card in tribute to the poor OZ wildlife. Great job fussy-cutting that sweet koala to trim him the way you wanted! And you sure proved me right about hearts on a wedding card with this sensational design! It's very soft and pretty and romantic! Thank you so much for playing along in the Twofer Card Challenge 2nd Blogaversary!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous cards, especially the first. I'm sure we are all saddened by what is happening in Australia right now and anyone with friends over there would love to send them a card like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't imagine all those poor animals fleeing from all those fires Down Under. Your card is a sweet tribute to them and those assisting with their rescue/fire fighting. Love the heart balloon your little koala is clinging to, and the red gingham paper, as well. Your wedding card is quite lovely. Those hearts are just the right size for your card, and accent it perfectly. Thank you so much for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. So topical and cute, perfect twofer

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely darling cards Donna! I admir to having cried over the little koalas in particular. Apparently they can't move that fast so didn't really have a fighting chance against the fires.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your cards and think your koala card is really touching!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two cute cards that I saw at Pixies - like the Koala very much and the gingham

    ReplyDelete