Saturday, April 18, 2015

Sandcastles

Doesn't get any better than sitting on a beach looking at the ocean and watching children build sandcastles. Perfect set up for daydreaming. That is what I thought of when I saw the Just Us Girls challenge

I used a Kraft cardstock base and Memo Book sheet punched with notebook border punch from SU. On the notebook paper, I lightly stamped background script, a compass, and an anchor in Tim Holtz tea dye ink. The sandcastle is stamped with Hello Honey from SU. I colored in a little water with an aqua colored pencil. The stamped Dream in SU's Tempting Turquoise. The banner is "anchored" with a gold metallic punch out anchor.
Now just wish I lived closer to the beach!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card !
    Yes, living near the beach is great !
    I do and I also live along a canal !
    With a little boat in front of the house .
    greeting from the Netherlands ,
    !neke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Donna! It's great how you joined several stamps together to create a quiet, beach atmosphere on your card. I really like this color combo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous, tranquil card! Now I want to go to the beach! LOL! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great beachy, nautical card! Love that sand castle!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Between your words and your wonderful scene, Donna, you carried me away to the beach to enjoy the waves, the smell, and the laughter of children digging in the sand!! Well done! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your collage of images and the colors you chose! So pretty! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete