Thursday, April 2, 2015

Easter for Boys

When it comes time to make Easter cards for my grandsons, ages 8 & 9, I don't want anything too childish or flowery. Their big interest right now is the video game Minecraft so I wanted to do images with that in mind. I know there are sheep and pigs in that game so here is one that I came up with.
The cute lamb is from Newton's Nook Farmyard Friends. The eggs are Inkadinkadoo and colored with pencils. I used a Tim Holtz stencil to get that "pixelated" effect that is part of the game. I'm pretty sure he will be impressed. The inside says "Happy Easter to Ewe"
I  saw this picture on Curtain Call Challenge blog and used the sheep as inspiration.

Here is the other one. The inside on this says "Hammy Easter to You" The pig is also from Newton's Nook.

2 comments:

  1. These cards look perfect for your grandsons! Love the sentiments you used, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandsons will be very happy !
    Great cards !
    My youngest grandson (8) like to make cards when he is visiting ! I enjoy that !
    Wishing you and yours great Easter weekend !
    Ineke

    ReplyDelete