Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Monochromatic

I am excited to share my own sketch for this week's Tuesdy Morning Sketches. This is my go to sketch when I am stumped.


I made a monochromatic card using different patterns in Pool Party from SU!. 


On the background horizontal piece I slightly tamped some script. The vertical strip is from the scrap box. Behind the dragonfly is an oval of textured vellum.  For the dragonfly, I lightly sponged aqua, lavender, and green onto a white scrap and die cut it with a Die Versions die. Hard to tell, I winked the wings. Then accented with flat Pool Party gems. The sentiment is SU, stamped and then fussy cut.

I hope you will be inspired by this sketch. Feel free to change up the oval shape to your own interpretation. Share your creation with us at 

Tuesday Morning Sketches

6 comments:

  1. That's a great sketch. I hope I can find the time to create with it this week. I love your dragonfly. those soft colors are perfect for a sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dragonfly is so darn pretty!! You added so many nice touches of color and glimmer. I also love your script stamping on the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, congrats 💐☺️ happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Such pretty color and combination of texture!
    This sketch is awesome... it will become one of my go-to's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning card. I always say that Sympathy cards are the worst to make but turn out to be the prettiest.

    ReplyDelete