Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Under the Sea

 At Tuesday Morning Sketches, we are celebrating our 15th birthday all month with blast from the past sketches. Here is the one for this week.



You know we always say, the shapes are always changeable as long as the sketch is recognizable.  I took real liberties with the circle element by using a mermaid. 

The sketch shows 2 different patters on the background layer. I didn't have any paper to coordinate with this gorgeous blue paper from the Unbounded Beauty DSP from Stampin' Up! I loved these papers so much I have used them all. This is the last piece. I cut the piece in two and embossed the bottom piece with a wavy E/F. Then I used some succulent stamps on the lower half. I think these succulents look like underwater plants and coral reef. I added a few die cut pieces to bring in  more seaweed. Then I matted both of the blue pieces on a white background and ran a ribbon across the seam. The mermaid is an old stamp from my stash, She is watercolored and fussy cut. Look closely to see a stamped floral shape next to the mermaid, bringing in that flower element of the sketch.

This was so much fun to make. Definitely not quick and simple. I look forward to seeing what you create and share with us.

Tuesday Morning Sketches

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Donna! I love that you used some lilac colors on the mermaid. She's lovely! You're so good at using these sketches in creative ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card! I love the embossed waves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose it is a little bitter sweet that you used up all that pretty paper haha!! Good for you though. I like your subtle added flower and pretty mermaid plus those waves too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is stunning! I love that the circle morphed into a beautiful mermaid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, congrats 😊💐 happy day

    ReplyDelete